case you happened to be traveling for the last week and missed the news, Facebook, on Wednesday, rolled out their plans for business pages to shift over to their new Timeline format… They initially announced this at their September, 2011 F8 conference with the intent that user accounts would change over first, followed by Business accounts. So the time is upon us, and oh, by the way, it’s happening whether you like it or not at the end of March! So here’s a few quick resources to make sure you’re prepared for the changeover:
- What are the new Facebook Pages all about? Take a look at the course Facebook put together at http://www.learnfacebookpages.com/
- There’s a good PDF overview located at http://ads.ak.facebook.com/ads/FacebookAds/Pages_Overview.pdf
- And of course – take a look at http://www.facebook.com/about/pages
- The meeting/release Facebook did is found at https://www.facebook.com/business/fmc/agenda/?campaign_id=250393211715997&creative=agenda
- Some initial case studies of companies already using it.
A number of the changes are going to be fun, including the fact that consumers can now private message a brand – but there are also going to be changes that require work for companies, such as tabs are going away, and although you can pin content to the top of the profile, it’s only for a week. There are a lot more changes going on, and it’s going to take a full month to digest it all I’m sure – so make sure you jump in today!
Check out the official Facebook Timelines video below released back in September to show the user experience: